• collaborates with the development team to implement marketing and communications strategies to raise awareness of the mission, programs, services, and events of Our House
• designs and distributes media products for Our House, including websites, newsletters, brochures, reports, posters, emails, social media, and other media
• utilizes graphic design software and tools to develop high-quality printed and digital publications
• develops images and content to update and maintain the Our House website
• develops systems for user-friendly maintenance of communications tools (website, email, social media, and more) by Our House staff and VISTA
• takes quality digital photographs and processes/edits them for use in communications materials
• collects details of Our House stories and clients for use in media materials
• develops written content for Our House publications.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance, Non-competitive eligibility (federal jobs), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Student loan forbearance, Training
Healthcare Allowance Reimbursement or Health Benefit Plan; Membership to Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN) Little Rock; Access to Employee Assistance Program; 10 days medical leave, 10 days vacation, 5 days Life After AmeriCorps; Access to a local AmeriCorps Alums chapter and a broad network of partners, alums, and more; on-site orientation training provided by Our House staff, First Aid/CPR certification; DHS-sponsored training opportunities, monthly National Service member meetings with training and team-building, access to mentoring with VISTA Leader; any other trainings deemed necessary by the supervisor.
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
The Communications VISTA will be thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission and to national service. All candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
• Strong people skills, with ability to form effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion.
• At least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to lift 35 pounds
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• A United States Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check