• conceptualize, design, and implement volunteer recruitment, screening, and placement materials, policies, procedures, and tracking systems and train staff on these systems
• create volunteer position descriptions and training plans; oversee volunteer placement and coordination of projects; guide volunteers to appropriate Our House programs and projects
• maintain a service learning program to educate and engage volunteers in a sustainable way
• work toward positive retention of long-term volunteers while attracting new ones
• serve as a point person for general volunteer inquiries
• serve as a central collection point for volunteer documentation
• create reports based on data collected related to volunteers and hours served and recruit volunteer mentors and advocates
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Non-competitive eligibility (federal jobs), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Student loan forbearance, Training
Healthcare Allowance Reimbursement or Health Benefit Plan; Membership to Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN) Little Rock; Access to Employee Assistance Program; 10 days medical leave, 10 days vacation, 5 days Life After AmeriCorps; Access to a local AmeriCorps Alums chapter and a broad network of partners, alums, and more; on-site orientation training provided by Our House staff, First Aid/CPR certification; DHS-sponsored training opportunities, monthly National Service member meetings with training and team-building, access to mentoring with VISTA Leader; any other trainings deemed necessary by the supervisor.
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
The Volunteer Relations VISTA will be thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission and to national service. All candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
• Strong people skills, with ability to form effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion.
• At least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to lift 35 pounds
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• A United States Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check