• coordinates two large annual Our House fundraising events plus several outside fundraising events
• serves as point person for event committees
• solicits and tracks in-kind donations and volunteers for events
• manages social media and events for fundraisers
• contributes to social media, web, and email communications surrounding fundraising events and other development activities
• coordinates prompt thanking of event donors and volunteers, including thank-you letters, cards, and other communications
• assists with other development activities including maintaining donor contact information, analyzing donor information, developing reports, preparing mailings, conducting research, requesting donations, thanking donors, and more.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance, Non-competitive eligibility (federal jobs), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Student loan forbearance, Training
Healthcare Allowance Reimbursement or Health Benefit Plan; Membership to Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN) Little Rock; Access to Employee Assistance Program; 10 days medical leave, 10 days vacation, 5 days Life After AmeriCorps; Access to a local AmeriCorps Alums chapter and a broad network of partners, alums, and more; on-site orientation training provided by Our House staff, First Aid/CPR certification; DHS-sponsored training opportunities, monthly National Service member meetings with training and team-building, access to mentoring with VISTA Leader; any other trainings deemed necessary by the supervisor.
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
The Development VISTA will be thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission and to national service. All candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
• Strong people skills, with ability to form effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion.
• At least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to lift 35 pounds
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• A United States Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check