Macedonia FACE is a faith-based non-profit community outreach organization. We are committed to living out our mission by addressing disparities that impact African American families and other vulnerable populations within the community. Our Mission is to encourage the development of healthy families. We serve families with children from birth to 18 as well as individuals including senior citizens. This service position will primarily serve within our Adult Services program unit working with older persons as a Program Aide.
The Program Aide will assist with planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the programs offered by Macedonia FACE to include services to seniors and youth. The member will provide support to the Adult Services unit with outreach and education for several programs aimed at providing support to adults and, where applicable, youth in Pittsburgh and Allegheny County. This service position requires sensitivity, awareness and skills associated with working with individuals of all ages and backgrounds.
• Engaging in outreach and promoting health education topics and healthcare services
• Scheduling and coordinating intervention/class logistics
• Facilitating interventions and classes about health issue prevention and management and overall wellness
• Implementing and executing program using established protocols
• Coordinating with food access programs
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
Member Assistance Program
Transportation reimbursement during the service day
Training and professional development opportunities
Subject to criminal background check