AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is a national service program designed to alleviate poverty in communities across the country. Through a partnership with VISTA, Metropolitan Ministries’ goal is to generate resources to expand housing, outreach, and food programs that support our mission of caring for the homeless and those at-risk of becoming homeless.
VISTAs serving at Metropolitan Ministries will receive trauma-informed care training, free meals daily (when serving on-site), assistance with locating affordable housing (upon request), and expand the operations of a non-profit organization serving 50,000 families annually with food, clothing, emergency shelter, affordable housing, childcare, and elementary school, counseling and case management, employment and adult education services, health and wellness services, and access to community resources.
The marketing department utilizes social media platforms and local news stations to inform the Tampa Bay community of the many services, events, and volunteer opportunities available. This position will expand the Marketing team’s ability to provide a meaningful connection to the Tampa Bay community by streamlining processes and participating in marketing competitions.
This is not a salaried position; this is a year-long position that receives a stipend, education award, health insurance, and other benefits. Metropolitan Ministries complies with all local, state, and federal COVID-19 requirements.
· Participate in AmeriCorps team meetings, trainings, and community service activities.
· Develop tools to increase social media engagement through visual storytelling.
· Design a resource calendar to streamline organizational communication regarding upcoming events, campaigns, and competitions.
· Generate $10,000 in revenue to support housing and food programs by completing 5 submissions for Marketing Awards.
· Enhance the Marketing Department’s operational capacity by integrating Agile Project Management best practices. Measure 100% customer satisfaction feedback for marketing project requests after agile workflow is running.
· Requires understanding of poverty, a high degree of maturity, strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work and communicate with people in a professional and diplomatic manner.
· Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Organization skills, setting agenda and deadlines, leading meetings
· Knowledge of Agile workflow is a must
· Project management experience preferred
· Copying, editing, and proofreading skills
Position Requirements and Specifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
· Reliable transportation required.
· Must be a US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), or someone legally residing within a state. Examples of persons legally residing within a state may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
· Be able to successfully pass a criminal background check
· VISTA must be willing to relocate to Hillsborough County, Florida if they are not already located here.
· Must be available for full time working hours for 1 full year.
· VISTA must be able to pass a Level 2 Background Check
· Stipend of $575.40 (gross before taxes) paid bi-weekly for term of service
· Healthcare Benefit and Telehealth
· Choice of Education Award or Stipend ($6,345 for Education Award or $1,800 for Stipend)
· Forbearance on qualified student loans and interest accrual payments while serving (taxable)
· Relocation and Settling In Allowance for those moving more than 50 miles for service
· Non-Competitive Eligibility Status
· Access to daily meals at no cost to member
· Childcare assistance (if qualified)
· Professional development and training opportunities
· 20 days for Personal/Sick Leave
Community Need Addressed
Housing and homelessness
Develop marketing strategy and content to fuel support for life changing programs and services
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Non-competitive eligibility (federal jobs), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Student loan forbearance, Training
Competencies You Will Develop
Demonstrate sensitivity and empathy
Creativity & Problem Solving
Able to identify and define the problem, Capable of generating possible solutions
Develop constructive working relationships and maintain them over time, Establish a high degree of trust and credibility with others
Accepts responsibility, Anticipate the consequences of decisions
Carefully consider which tools or technological solutions are appropriate for a given job, Consistently choose the best tool or technological solution for the problem at hand
Able to prioritize various competing tasks, Create environment of contribution, Create plan of action, schedule tasks so that work is completed on time
Be pleasant, courteous, professional and respectful when dealing with internal and external customers or clients