This position will enhance community awareness about our expansion and build new donor relationships for Metropolitan Ministries in Pasco County, Fl.
• Participate in AmeriCorps team meetings, trainings, and community service activities.
• Develop a targeted donor cultivation process to increase partner engagement for the Pasco County Advancement team.
• Build 10 partnerships with Pasco organizations and businesses to increase MM’s engagement with the community and to generate funds to support the campus expansion.
• Requires understanding of poverty, a high degree of maturity, strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work and communicate with people in a professional and diplomatic manner.
• Strong written communication, email & calendar scheduling, strong networker.
• Basic graphic design.
• Community experience in sales, PR, news, or marketing, a plus.
Position Requirements and Specifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (BA in communications, mass media communications, marketing, PR, or related degrees a plus) or equivalent work experience.
• Reliable transportation required.
• Must be a US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), or someone legally residing within a state. Examples of persons legally residing within a state may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
• Be able to successfully pass a criminal background check
• VISTA must be willing to relocated to Hillsborough County, Florida if they are not already located here.
• Must be available for full time working hours for 1 full year
• VISTA must be able to pass a Level 2 Background Check
• Stipend of $575.40 (gross before taxes) paid bi-weekly for term of service
• Healthcare Benefit and Telehealth
• Choice of Education Award or Stipend ($6,345 for Education Award or $1,800 for Stipend)
• Forbearance on qualified student loans and interest accrual payments while serving (taxable)
• Relocation and Settling In Allowance for those moving more than 50 miles for service
• Non-Competitive Eligibility Status
• Access to daily meals at no cost to member
• Childcare assistance (if qualified)
• Professional development and training opportunities
• 20 days for Personal/Sick Leave
Community Need Addressed
Housing and homelessness
Increased donor support to fuel life changing programs
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Non-competitive eligibility (federal jobs), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Student loan forbearance, Training
Competencies You Will Develop
Write cleary and effectively
Creativity & Problem Solving
Provide relevant expertise
Interact professionally and respectfully with supervisors and co-workers, Stay positive and outcome oriented, Use appropriate strategies and solutions for dealing with conflicts and differences to maintain a smooth workflow
Quickly respond with a back-up plan if a decision goes amiss
Be pleasant, courteous, professional and respectful when dealing with internal and external customers or clients, Evaluate customer or client satisfaction, Provide personalized, prompt, and efficient service to meet the requirements, requests and needs of customers