The Tampa Bay Homeless Outreach Specialist will engage individuals experiencing homelessness and assist them in accessing health, housing and social services. Members will serve on Metropolitan Ministries' Mobile Outreach team. They will complete assessments, provide comprehensive information and referrals, distribute basic needs supplies, and participate in training and community outreach events. Tampa Bay Homeless Outreach Specialists touch the lives of some of the city's most vulnerable populations, with the goal of ending homelessness and improving lives.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
• $528 (gross before taxes) bi-weekly payroll for term of service
• Education award of $5,920 is provided upon successful completion of service
• Forbearance on qualified student loans and interest accrual payments while serving (taxable)
• Childcare assistance (if qualified)
• Health insurance – option to enroll with premium paid in full for member only
• Professional development and training opportunities
• AmeriCorps service gear (must be worn every day)
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
Position Requirements and Specifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
• Requires understanding of poverty, a high degree of maturity, strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work and communicate with low socio-economic and diverse parents and clients in a professional and diplomatic manner.
• A non-judgmental, empathetic, caring individual with the ability to listen well and to demonstrate confidentiality and respect for clients of all ethnic, religious and socio-economic groups.
• Bi-lingual preferred, but not required.
• Reliable transportation required. Members will be required to travel within the community and to/from service sites. Valid Driver’s License and Insurance required.
• Be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. national, or a Lawful Permanent Resident Alien
• Be able to successfully pass a criminal background check
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Uniforms provided and required
Subject to criminal background check