Metropolitan Ministries’ goal is to generate resources to support MM's housing, outreach, and food programs which will support our mission of self-sufficiency for the homeless and those at risk of homelessness. The goals of these programs include providing emergency and transitional shelter to homeless individuals and families, teaching self-sufficiency and life skills to homeless individuals and families, preventing and diverting homelessness, providing employment assistance, and alleviating hunger and food insecurity. MM's AmeriCorps VISTA Project will seek to raise awareness and increase partnerships, build organizational capacity, increase volunteer recruitment and management, and generate revenue to support homeless services in Tampa Bay. MM’s goals align with education, economic opportunity, and healthy future focus areas.
This position will build the capacity of departments in MM to serve homeless families by creating process improvement recommendations and initiating and tracking key performance indicators.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Non-competitive eligibility (federal jobs), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Student loan forbearance
As a VISTA member you are eligible for the following benefits:
• VISTA Bi Weekly Living Allowance - $472.22 gross
• End of Service Award- Choose between a Segal Education Award ($6,095) to pay for a range of education expenses or a cash stipend ($1,800)
• Healthcare Benefit- Choose between reimbursement for healthcare or a healthcare plan. Dental and vision are also included. Pre-existing conditions may not be covered.
• Relocation Allowance- If you move 50+ miles from your home to a new community, you receive relocation travel assistance and a settling-in allowance.
• Child Care- You may be eligible to receive a child care benefit if you have children under the age of 13.
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 99