Metropolitan Ministries’ goal is to generate resources to support MM's housing, outreach, and food programs which will support our mission of self-sufficiency for the homeless and those at risk of homelessness. The goals of these programs include providing emergency and transitional shelter to homeless individuals and families, teaching self-sufficiency and life skills to homeless individuals and families, preventing and diverting homelessness, providing employment assistance, and alleviating hunger and food insecurity. MM's AmeriCorps VISTA Project will seek to raise awareness and increase partnerships, build organizational capacity, increase volunteer recruitment and management, and generate revenue to support homeless services in Tampa Bay. MM’s goals align with education, economic opportunity, and healthy future focus areas.
This position will expand the capacity of MM to engage individuals experiencing homelessness and assist them in accessing health, housing and social services.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
As an AmeriCorps Systems Navigator, you will receive the following benefits:
• $538 (gross before taxes) bi-weekly payroll for term of service
• Education award of $6,095 is provided upon successful completion of service
• Forbearance on qualified student loans and interest accrual payments while serving (taxable)
• Childcare assistance (if qualified)
• Health insurance – option to enroll with premium paid in full for member only
• Professional development and training opportunities
• AmeriCorps service gear (must be worn every day)
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Prohibits paid work outside of the sponsoring agency at any time
Uniforms provided and required
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 100