The Skowhegan Main Street Fellow will support Scale Up Skowhegan, an initiative born from the Skowhegan Strategic Plan for Community Transformation. It’s a strategy for recovery and growth that will ensure our businesses and community bounce back stronger and more resilient than ever, ready to take advantage of new opportunities.
Scale Up Skowhegan uses innovative and creative approaches to tackle social problems, enhance economic vitality, and restore community pride. It will help Skowhegan become a place residents are proud to call home and visitors fall in love with—a community that’s welcoming, inclusive, and full of happy, healthy residents.
The Main Street Fellows AmeriCorps Program provides support for host communities by:
- Strengthening capacity for economic and community development through asset identification and development, strategic planning and implementation, social capital building.
- Assisting in local research, planning, education, and technology projects.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
- Professional development through custom trainings and mentorship.
- Health benefits are provided if Fellows are not already covered.
- Childcare allowance will be provided if the Fellow is eligible.
- Upon successful completion of the Fellow’s full-term of service, they will receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award educational award in the amount of $6,195 in the National Service Trust.
- Upon enrollment and acceptance into the program, the Fellow is eligible for forbearance of any qualified federal student loans. For Fellows receiving forbearance on a qualified student loan during the term of service, the National Service Trust will repay a portion or all of the interest that accrued on the loan during the term of service if the Fellow successfully completes the term of service.
- Networking with other like-minded professionals and organizations.
- Complimentary registration to MDF events.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check