The Skowhegan Main Street Fellow will be responsible for supporting the ongoing implementation of Scale Up Skowhegan, a community revitalization project that aims to tackle social problems, enhance economic vitality, and restore community pride in Skowhegan.
The Fellow will be responsible for:
• Analyzing and disseminating relevant findings from a business/entrepreneur needs assessment that was undertaken in April – June, 2021
• Creating a business plan for an entrepreneurial facility which will open this fall, and assisting in its ongoing management
• Enrolling the first cohort into the Skowhegan spoke of a regional business accelerator program
• Working with a real estate developer and downtown property owner to assist in the redevelopment of a second-floor space into housing.
Throughout their service, the Fellow will also be responsible for maintaining and strengthening Main Street Skowhegan’s relationships with local businesses and community development partners. The Main Street Fellow will work directly with the Executive Director, be granted a high degree of independence in the completion of assigned tasks, and have an opportunity to take ownership of their work.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
- Professional development through custom trainings and mentorship.
- Health benefits are provided if Fellows are not already covered.
- Childcare allowance will be provided if the Fellow is eligible.
- Upon successful completion of the Fellow’s full-term of service, they will receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award educational award in the amount of $3,173 in the National Service Trust.
- Upon enrollment and acceptance into the program, the Fellow is eligible for forbearance of any qualified federal student loans. For Fellows receiving forbearance on a qualified student loan during the term of service, the National Service Trust will repay a portion or all of the interest that accrued on the loan during the term of service if the Fellow successfully completes the term of service.
- Networking with other like-minded professionals and organizations.
- Complimentary registration to MDF events.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check