The Maine Downtown Center (MDC) Fellow will build on the research of the inaugural MDC Fellow, ongoing organizational efforts, and national and international bodies of work to develop tools and instruments for the Main Street Network to further implement the pillars of the Main Street Fellows program including: resilience, social capital, and equity. In addition, the MDC Fellow may assist some Main Street Directors in communities that are not hosting a Fellow with their on-going local initiatives for specific project periods, piloting these new tools in the process.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
- Professional development through custom trainings and mentorship.
- Health benefits are provided if Fellows are not already covered.
- Childcare allowance will be provided if the Fellow is eligible.
- Upon successful completion of the Fellow’s full-term of service, they will receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award educational award in the amount of $3,173 in the National Service Trust.
- Upon enrollment and acceptance into the program, the Fellow is eligible for forbearance of any qualified federal student loans. For Fellows receiving forbearance on a qualified student loan during the term of service, the National Service Trust will repay a portion or all of the interest that accrued on the loan during the term of service if the Fellow successfully completes the term of service.
- Networking with other like-minded professionals and organizations.
- Complimentary registration to MDF events.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check