The Maine Downtown Center (MDC) Fellow will build on the research of the inaugural MDC Fellow, ongoing organizational efforts, and national and international bodies of work to develop tools and instruments for the Main Street Network to further implement the pillars of the Main Street Fellows program including: resilience, social capital, and equity. In addition, the MDC Fellow may assist some Main Street Directors in communities that are not hosting a Fellow with their on-going local initiatives for specific project periods, piloting these new tools in the process.
Concurrently, the Fellow will work with Heart of Ellsworth’s Executive Director, Cara Romano, to support the revitalization of downtown through entrepreneurial ecosystem work, public art, and youth engagement. In this role the Fellow will collaborate with the Heart of Ellsworth staff and Board of Directors to increase awareness of the three above areas of focus. The Fellow will perform and organize community outreach events and assist in the management of programs to foster inclusiveness and create a collaborative environment for the community, participating students, and volunteers. This project aims to welcome newcomers to our community while encouraging lifelong residents of Ellsworth to see their city through new eyes.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
- Professional development through custom trainings and mentorship.
- Health benefits are provided if Fellows are not already covered.
- Childcare allowance will be provided if the Fellow is eligible.
- Upon successful completion of the Fellow’s full-term of service, they will receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award educational award in the amount of $6,195 in the National Service Trust.
- Upon enrollment and acceptance into the program, the Fellow is eligible for forbearance of any qualified federal student loans. For Fellows receiving forbearance on a qualified student loan during the term of service, the National Service Trust will repay a portion or all of the interest that accrued on the loan during the term of service if the Fellow successfully completes the term of service.
- Networking with other like-minded professionals and organizations.
- Complimentary registration to MDF events.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check