The Biddeford Main Street Fellow will serve as the Community Equity Ambassador at Heart of Biddeford (HOB) and play a pivotal role in our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) process. The Community Equity Ambassador will focus on community outreach to people who are Black, Indigenous, People of Color, New Immigrants, LBGTQ, and Young Adults. While our efforts around DEI in the past have laid a solid groundwork, this level of outreach will enable HOB to create more relationships and better reflect the needs and perspectives of our whole community.
The Main Street Fellows AmeriCorps Program provides support for host communities by:
- Strengthening capacity for economic and community development through asset identification and development, strategic planning and implementation, social capital building.
- Assisting in local research, planning, education, and technology projects.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
- Professional development through custom trainings and mentorship.
- Health benefits are provided if Fellows are not already covered.
- Childcare allowance will be provided if the Fellow is eligible.
- Upon successful completion of the Fellow’s full-term of service, they will receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award educational award in the amount of $6,195 in the National Service Trust.
- Upon enrollment and acceptance into the program, the Fellow is eligible for forbearance of any qualified federal student loans. For Fellows receiving forbearance on a qualified student loan during the term of service, the National Service Trust will repay a portion or all of the interest that accrued on the loan during the term of service if the Fellow successfully completes the term of service.
- Networking with other like-minded professionals and organizations.
- Complimentary registration to MDF events.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check