The Gardiner Main Street Fellow will focus on youth outreach and engagement to increase diversity, equity and inclusion of those represented in downtown Gardiner. The Fellow will be the primary connection between younger people and Gardiner Main Street, working with a coalition of youth-based organizations and groups in the area to form a youth action team.
The Fellow will lead the youth action team to identify existing barriers and opportunities to overcome them. The Fellow will guide the group in developing actionable initiatives which will result in implementing projects in the downtown. The Fellow will document and report on group activities to the Executive Director, and also conduct post activity surveys to evaluate results as well as create supporting documents and marketing materials. The goal is to develop a sustainable model to continue this work beyond the Fellow’s term at Gardiner Main Street.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
- Professional development through custom trainings and mentorship.
- Health benefits are provided if Fellows are not already covered.
- Childcare allowance will be provided if the Fellow is eligible.
- Upon successful completion of the Fellow’s full-term of service, they will receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award educational award in the amount of $3,173 in the National Service Trust.
- Upon enrollment and acceptance into the program, the Fellow is eligible for forbearance of any qualified federal student loans. For Fellows receiving forbearance on a qualified student loan during the term of service, the National Service Trust will repay a portion or all of the interest that accrued on the loan during the term of service if the Fellow successfully completes the term of service.
- Networking with other like-minded professionals and organizations.
- Complimentary registration to MDF events.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check