• Promote program development in accordance with the Clubhouse International philosophy, as outlined in the International Standards for Clubhouses.
• Work side by side with members, sharing in the daily operation of the work units.
• Actively promote the development of members' aspirations regarding Clubhouse participation, employment, education, housing, and social activities.
• Assist in outreach for members who are absent from the Clubhouse.
• Work collaboratively with members to develop and maintain employment opportunities for Clubhouse members with employers within the Baltimore metropolitan area.
• Participate in developing and maintaining appropriate linkages with other community mental health agencies, programs and services, as directed.
• Participate in education and resource development for Clubhouse members.
• Maintain communication at all levels of Clubhouse operations.
• Participate in social and recreational activities, including evening, weekend and holiday hours, when required.
Social Media skills
• Computer/Tech savvy
• Highly developed communication and organizational skills
• Flexible, energetic, and positive interpersonal skills
Community Need Addressed
The B'More Clubhouse is a membership organization, intentionally organized for adults who are living with the effects of mental illness.
The mission of the B'More Clubhouse is to empower individuals living with mental illness to lead meaningful and productive lives of their choice in the community.
Health coverage, Housing, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
Opportunities for learning from experienced and respected facilitators.
Skills you will gain
Corps members will learn about equity, anti-racism both in LVC programming andat their placements.
Competencies You Will Develop
Demonstrate sensitivity and empathy, Lead group discussion, Listen to and consider others' viewpoints, Maintain open lines of communication with others
Creativity & Problem Solving
Able to identify and define the problem, Capable of generating possible solutions, Communicate the problem to appropriate personnel, Improvise, Provide relevant expertise, Select and implement well-considered solution
Develop constructive working relationships and maintain them over time, Establish a high degree of trust and credibility with others, Interact professionally and respectfully with supervisors and co-workers, Stay positive and outcome oriented, Use appropriate strategies and solutions for dealing with conflicts and differences to maintain a smooth workflow
Accepts responsibility, Anticipate the consequences of decisions, Identify and prioritize the key issues involved to facilitate the decision making process
Carefully consider which tools or technological solutions are appropriate for a given job, Operate tools and equipment in accordance with established operating procedures, safety standards, and ethical guidelines
Create environment of contribution, Create plan of action, schedule tasks so that work is completed on time, Demonstrate the effective allocation of time and resources efficiently, Drive decision making, Facilitate group planning, Set goals
Be pleasant, courteous, professional and respectful when dealing with internal and external customers or clients, Evaluate customer or client satisfaction, Honor the privilege of being able to work with and for those being served, Provide personalized, prompt, and efficient service to meet the requirements, requests and needs of customers, Recognize the importance of maintaining privacy and confidentiality of those being served, Understand and anticipate the needs of others, Understand the importance of one's role in the functioning of the organization, Understand the significance of maintaining a healthful and safe environment