The role of the Legends Fellow is to support students in the classroom with a focus on attendance, behavior, culture and academics.
• Create, support and/or co-lead literacy and/or math focused events to enrich school literacy and/or math culture and climate
• Create, support and/or co-lead events or programs recognizing and appreciating growth and/or achievement in literacy and/or math
• Promote a positive learning environment
Engagement & Positive School Climate Participation
• Provide small group and one-to-one social-emotional skills development programs and attendance coaching to elementary, middle and high school youth
• Support and/or conduct extended day programming through facilitation of enriching activities for students before, during, and after school including, but not limited to, academic enrichment and intervention, homework support, recreation, service learning and leadership development
• Create, support and/or co-lead events or programs to recognize and appreciate significant growth and/or achievement in social-emotional development and positive behavior
• Engage students as leaders to help plan and/or lead event elements
• Participate in and/or lead Facilitated Data Review and Student Progress Monitoring meetings utilizing business intelligence tools
• Facilitate coaching sessions for small groups of students on building social-emotional learning skills
• Contributing to overall school performance by engaging parents, coordinating enrichment programs for students, serving as role models and helping to enhance school culture
• Supporting and developing thematic events to engage community stakeholders
• Supporting, creating and/or co-leading events or programs that recognize and appreciate significant growth and/or achievement in attendance
• Welcoming students at the start of the school day
• Supports lunch and recess duties
• Placing calls to the homes of absent students
• Providing homework assistance to a consistent group of students before and after school.
The Legends Fellow works in support of the Subject Expert Teacher and is developed and directly supervised by the Director of Social, Emotional, and Academic Development.
Qualifications: Must successfully demonstrate the following competencies: teamwork, relatable, organized, communication. Education: Completion of a standard high school diploma or GED; some college preferred. Experience: Computer Skills: Microsoft Office proficiency required.
Certification Requirements: n/a
Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance
Less than High School Completed
Uniforms provided and required
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 28