Increase literacy skills of emergent learners.
Attain grade level reading competencies by grade three.
Increase the rate of homework completion and submission and the quality of work.
Reduce the absenteeism rate.
Enhance student self-esteem.
Promote a positive perception of education.
Provide valuable, additional community service in other areas such as safety and public health, human services, and the environment.
Mentoring and Tutoring, Environmental Stewardship, Assisting Individuals with Housing Needs
Community Need Addressed
educational success, environmental stewardship, and economic opportunity
Education - increased academic performance, attendance, and attitudes.
Environmental Stewardship - increased awareness of environmental issues, restored and improved national park lands, trails, and waterways.
Economic Opportunity - link economically disadvantaged individuals with resources, assist in finding safe and affordable housing.
College Credit, Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
Skills you will gain
CPR, mentoring and tutoring strategies, Mandated Reporter
Competencies You Will Develop
- Activity Types Hands On Activities, Office Activities, Professional Activities
- Focus Areas Economic Security, Education & Youth, Environment
- Length of Service 10 Months
- Placement Individual Placement
- Service Setting Community-based Nonprofit, Elementary School, Federal Government Agency, High School, Homeless Shelter, Soup Kitchen, or Food Bank, Local Government Agency, Middle School, Park
- Weekly Training Hours 3