The AmeriCorps 4-H Positive Youth Development and Outreach Coordinator with Buena Vista County ISU Extension and Outreach will work with volunteers, community partners and professionals to enhance and expand positive youth development programming and outreach opportunities to youth in their community and county. The member will strive to deliver recurring, nonformal programming that leads toward multiple youth life skill outcomes, including Productive Citizens, Outstanding Communicators, Effective Leaders, and Successful Learners. The member will also be responsible for recruiting and training volunteers to enhance programming opportunities and lead to sustainable programming for the host organization.
Specific service activities include:
- Lead the youth-focused Project Engage Program which will reach approximately 300 youth in grades K-8 in STEM programming,
- Deliver self-selected educational programming to schools, after-school programs, and libraries across the county - serving new audiences and expanding positive youth development opportunities in the county,
- Facilitate research-based experiential learning sessions to K-8th grade youth through STEM programming,
- Conduct and review all evaluations for each session provided,
- Recruit adult volunteers to support Project Engage to ensure long-term program sustainability,
Provide leadership for Clover Kids (K-3) portion of the Buena Vista County Fair.
The member may be asked to participate in additional service activities that are not included in the member position description but are in alignment with the approved grant activities.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
Professional Development Fund which allows members to determine their own professional development opportunities, Positive Youth Development training, CPR/First Aid Training (or Disaster Response Training if CPR is completed), Youth Mental Health First Aid Certification, Leadership Experience, Strong Connection to Alumni Network, Worker's Compensation, Included in Iowa State University's Employee Assistance Program that offers counseling and financial planning resources.
College Degree, GED/High School Diploma
Less than High School Completed
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
Previous experience working with youth or developing educational programming is preferred.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Uniforms provided and required
Subject to criminal background check
17 - 99