In 2007, CVCH affiliated with Girls on the Run International (GOTR) to start our own council to serve Chelan and Douglas County. Girls on the Run is a non-profit organization and program for girls 3rd-5th grade that helps girls cultivate self-esteem, confidence, emotional awareness, empathy, healthy communication skills, and teamwork. This program supports the emotional and physical wellness of youth in our valley and provides them with skills and tools that will help girls through any adversity and challenge.
This year, we are piloting the GOTR Heart and Sole program for girls in 6th-8th grade. To build sustainability in the growth of our program, we would like the program specialist to create a GOTR leadership committee, consisting of GOTR coaches, community members, teachers, and CVCH employees. Create an impactful video with Lincoln Elementary coach, Cindy Mahler and GOTR girls, about how GOTR transforms a girl and how it impacts their academics, home life, and confidence. This position has room for creativity and innovation, so we hope that the program specialist is willing to try new things and think outside of the box.
GOTR season is September through November and March through May. December, January and February are months for networking, recruitment of coaches and planning.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance, Relocation allowance (if applicable), Student loan forbearance, Training
Less than High School Completed
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
• A strong interest in promoting health and wellness programs
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with all age groups
• Strong organization skills
• A commitment to serving low income individuals
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to serve effectively in a diverse community
• Able to serve independently and as part of a team
• Ability to learn quickly an adjust priorities when necessary.
• Experience and comfortable with public speaking
• Ability to use technology, but not limited to Microsoft Suite programs, excel spread sheets, iPad, smart phones and social media
• Ability to develop, format and generate reports.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• Experience with providing community education and presentations
• Experience with networking
• Background knowledge or experience in healthcare systems or youth programs
• Experience with event planning
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check
17 - 99