The AmeriCorps members will assist disadvantaged students in the classroom through academic tutoring and mentoring to increase student competency in math and language arts skills to obtain HSE. Members will also work with partners to facilitate work-based learning opportunities in the community including resource management.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
CASAS internet basic skills assessment application and Oddessyware internet learning application that is used in the classroom. Training is provided online for CASAS and one on one by their supervisor. Oddessyware training will be provided one on one in the classroom by instructors and utilizing online tutorials.
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
• Routinely refer to Member Service Agreement requirements
• Developing lesson plans and curriculum under the guidance of certified instructors
• Assisting students with coursework
• Instructing students in basic and vocational skills
• Provide assistance to instructors and trainers with guiding and counseling students
• Developing and participating in community projects
• Complete and submit all necessary IMAC/AmeriCorps paperwork and reports in a timely manner
• Attend and complete all IMAC/AmeriCorps training and service requirements including orientation, trainings, team meetings and national service days
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 100