The AmeriCorps Youth Engagement Specialist supports Oasis in providing program and service assistance to LGBTQ youth who attend programming and drop-in hours through research, staff support, attending outreach and training events, and assisting in administrative and/or physical tasks.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Training
- Access to an emergency fund to address financial emergencies that may affect completion of
Less than High School Completed
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
- Age 17 – 25 upon start of service term
- High School Diploma or equivalent upon start of service term, OR agree to obtain diploma or equivalent prior to using Segal AmeriCorps Education Award
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- Commitment to building skills and knowledge related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to travel to service site(s) as well as other training or activity locations across Pierce County
- Skilled in understanding cultural issues and sensitivity in relating to cross-cultural, social, economic and physical disability issues
- Experience working multiple systems serving children and adults.
- Valid WA State Driver’s license and reliable transportation; current proof of automobile insurance
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Effective communication skills that allow for working with a variety of staff and clients
- Represent the diversity of clients being served through personal characteristics and/or lived experience
- Previous experience working with youth or young adults
- Familiarity with the Pierce County community
- Skills and/or knowledge related to youth development, trauma-informed care, or diversity, equity and inclusion
Applicants for this position will be disqualified from service if they are listed on the NATION Provider Exclusion list.
English, American Sign Language, Hmong, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Vietnamese
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check
17 - 25