This AmeriCorps VISTA volunteer position requires a self-directed, deadline-oriented individual who has exceptional interpersonal skills and is able to build relationships with volunteers and organizations in their host site community. The full-time position serves in the community for twelve (12) months.
The VISTA will expand and improve TS Institute’s economic and financial literacy program in Pottawattamie County. • Coordinate internal and external resources to assist in facilitating the Institute’s after-school programming at area elementary and middle schools, including Junior Achievement and the Stock Market Game, elementary and middle school summer programming, including entrepreneurship camps, and adult workshops at the Micah House, Iowa Workforce Development, and Iowa Western Community College • Identify and establish partnerships with non-profit organizations that specialize in serving low to moderate income citizens to offer financial literacy programming The VISTA will expand and improve TS Institute’s economic and financial literacy program in Cass and Adams counties. The VISTA will collect and assess information to enhance TS Institute’s organizational infrastructure. • Create a volunteer database, management system, and procedure guide
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Non-competitive eligibility (federal jobs), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
1) A living stipend paid out bi-monthly from the Corporation for National and Community Service totaling $12,277 over 12 calendar months.
2) Health care benefit through the Corporation for National and Community Service
3) Professional development and networking opportunities
4) Upon successful completion of the full term of service, the Member will receive an education award of $5,920 or $1,800 post-service stipend, from the National Service Trust.
5) If the Member has received forbearance on a qualified student loan during the term of service, and the Member successfully completes the term of service, the National Service Trust will repay a portion of the interest that accrued on the loan during the term of service according to hours served.
6) Child-care benefits are contingent on having a child under 13, meeting an income threshold, needing child-care assistance to complete the AmeriCorps term of service, and having a financial need to pay necessary child-care expenses. More information can be found at http://www.americorpschildcare.com/
7) One-year noncompetitive status for a federal government job.
Subject to criminal background check