This AmeriCorps VISTA volunteer position requires a self-directed, deadline-oriented individual who has exceptional interpersonal skills and is able to build relationships with volunteers and organizations in their host site community. The full-time position serves in the community for twelve (12) months.
The VISTA will create a series of media directed at telling the story of Willis Dady’s clients, staff, volunteers, and other stakeholders through interviews and story collection. Produce videos to share Willis Dady’s story. Photograph events, activities, staff, clients, buildings, etc. Promote advocacy for people experiencing homelessness and their needs.
The VISTA will identify people who are willing to publicly share their story of living through the experience of homelessness or near homelessness focused on our initiatives: homeless prevention, employment, shelter with case management, permanent supportive housing, street outreach/overflow shelter, and veteran transitional housing. Through this work, the VISTA will create new opportunities for us to educate the public, apply for funding for our various needs, build programs, and advocate for affordable housing.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Non-competitive eligibility (federal jobs), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
1) A living stipend paid out bi-monthly from the Corporation for National and Community Service totaling $12,277 over 12 calendar months.
2) Health care benefit through the Corporation for National and Community Service
3) Professional development and networking opportunities
4) Upon successful completion of the full term of service, the Member will receive an education award of $5,920 or $1,800 post-service stipend, from the National Service Trust.
5) If the Member has received forbearance on a qualified student loan during the term of service, and the Member successfully completes the term of service, the National Service Trust will repay a portion of the interest that accrued on the loan during the term of service according to hours served.
6) Child-care benefits are contingent on having a child under 13, meeting an income threshold, needing child-care assistance to complete the AmeriCorps term of service, and having a financial need to pay necessary child-care expenses. More information can be found at http://www.americorpschildcare.com/
7) One-year noncompetitive status for a federal government job.
Subject to criminal background check