The Case Aide assists clients experiencing homelessness with basic needs and enrolling in benefits in the day-time Support Center and assists with case management under the direction of Case Managers. The Case Aide also helps ensure the smooth operation of the Support Center and create a welcoming, safe space for clients.
Supportive and Basic Service Responsibilities:
• Pre-screen visitors seeking assistance at the Support Center and provide an orientation to the Support Center.
• Assist clients with accessing basic supportive services.
• Assist clients in obtaining ID including Social Security Cards, Driver Licenses, State ID’s, and Birth Certificates.
• Maintain a current, up-to-date knowledge of internal Housing Forward programs and external resources.
• Assist in on-the-job training and supervision of Support Center volunteers.
Benefits Coordination Responsibilities:
• Assist clients for signing of for SNAP (food stamp) benefits through IDHS on-line system.
• Assist eligible clients in obtaining general assistance benefits through townships.
• Work with Case Managers to assist clients in applying for Medicaid, Social Security, Unemployment and Veterans benefits.
• Greet Support Center clients at reception desk.
• Enforce Support Center expectations and ensure the safety and security of the Support Center and clients.
• Assure the Support Center entrance ramp, steps and sidewalks are clear in inclement weather.
• Sorting donations for the Support Center.
• Answer multi-line phones and pre-screening callers for services and referrals.
• Maintain tracking logs (sign-in, clothing and haircut vouchers), enter client registrations and service information into HMIS client database.
• Perform routine administrative and maintenance tasks per daily, weekly and monthly checklists.
• Accept, sort and maintain inventory of Support Center donations and supplies.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Demonstrated desire and ability to work with individuals experiencing homelessness, mental health and substance use disorders. Experience accessing supportive services is preferred.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Consistent and reliable.
• Team oriented and self-motivated, independent worker.
• Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to exercise patience and critical thinking skills in stressful situations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Word
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Training
Credential or Certification
High School Graduate
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check