Habitat for Humanity is looking for individuals to serve a 6 month AmeriCorps position starting between January - May 2018.
The Neighborhood Revitalization Coordinator will assist habitat for Humanity construction team on repair projects. This includes welcoming, orienting and guiding volunteers and Habitat partner families at Habitat construction sites, as well as assisting Habitat staff prepare sites. Position duties may also include assisting with outreach to area residents, assisting on new construction homes, and helping on community space projects to provide decent affordable Habitat homes as a means of transforming lives and neighborhoods.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
• Must be able to life up to 50 pounds and climb ladders and scaffodling
• Able to work in adverse weather conditions alongside volunteers (i.e. extreme heat, extreme cold, rain and snow)
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to work sites
• Able to travel for trainings or assist with disaster response efforts
• Previous construction or repair experience preferred, but not required
• Willingness to adhere to all guidelines set by Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity and Habitat for Humanity of Iowa AmeriCorps Program
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check