Looking for individuals to serve a year long AmeriCorps positions starting in 2022.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Des Moines is seeking members to assist the Family Services Team. Members will welcome new homebuyers into the Homeownership Program and guide these families in meeting sweat equity and education requirements to ensure that families are adequately prepared for the responsibilities of homeownership. This is a very rewarding and engaging position and the person selected will gain valuable employment and leadership skills. A great way to build your resume and learn about the non profit world while serving your community.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
An education is issued at completion of your term and we offer $200.00 rent reimbursement while serving.
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to work sites and partner family homes
• Able to travel for trainings or assist with disaster response efforts
• Able to lift up to 40 lbs and stand on uneven surfaces for extended periods of time as required to set up for and assist with special events.
• Willingness to adhere to all guidelines set by Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity and Habitat for Humanity of Iowa AmeriCorps Program
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check