Looking for individuals to serve 6 month AmeriCorps positions starting anytime between January - May, 2018.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Des Moines is seeking members to assist the Family Services Team. Members will welcome new homebuyers into the Homeownership Program and guide these families in meeting sweat equity and education requirements to ensure that families are adequately prepared for the responsibilities of homeownership.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to work sites and partner family homes
• Able to travel for trainings or assist with disaster response efforts
• Able to lift up to 40 lbs and stand on uneven surfaces for extended periods of time as required to set up for and assist with special events.
• Willingness to adhere to all guidelines set by Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity and Habitat for Humanity of Iowa AmeriCorps Program
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check