Seeking individuals to serve a 12 month AmeriCorps term starting September 1st through November 1st in Waterloo, Iowa.
The Construction Coordinator will assist Habitat for Humanity affiliate construction teams on new home build projects as well as home repair projects. This includes welcoming, orienting and guiding volunteers and Habitat partner families at Habitat construction sites, as well as assisting Habitat staff prepare sites. Position duties may also include assisting with outreach to area residents, assisting on repair projects to provide decent affordable Habitat homes as a means of transforming lives and neighborhoods.
You will be responsible for finding your own housing but will be given a $150 housing allowance if you relocate to the area.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
We also offer a $150.00 per month housing allowance for people relocating in to the area to serve.
GED/High School Diploma
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
• Must be able to life up to 50 pounds and climb ladders and scaffodling
• Able to work in adverse weather conditions alongside volunteers (i.e. extreme heat, extreme cold, rain and snow)
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to work sites
• Able to travel for trainings or assist with disaster response efforts
• Previous construction or repair experience preferred, but not required
• Willingness to adhere to all guidelines set by Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity and Habitat for Humanity of Iowa AmeriCorps Program
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check