We partner with families to open doors together – whether building a house, repairing a roof, or providing enrichment experiences to neighborhood youth. Our affiliate is about to enter into a transition period, moving from a focus solely on new home construction towards a broader approach including rehabs, recycles and owner-occupied repairs. Maintaining positive experiences for and effective communication with our volunteers will be critical to maintaining engagement during this time of change and growth.
The Volunteer Services Coordinator will be performing three main functions. First, they will ensure there are enough volunteers and supervision from the Crew Leaders for each build day. Second, they will help to grow the volunteer department. The member will collect detailed information on who is and who is not volunteering. This helps the affiliate to apply for additional grants as well as helps us to build upon what we do well and reach out to who is not volunteering. Third, they will be one of the front line faces to advance our partnerships with women and faith-based organizations.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Housing, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
All Habitat AmeriCorps members will have the opportunity to travel to a national event, the Habitat AmeriCorps Build-a-Thon. Habitat AmeriCorps members also receive a variety of position-specific training including CPR/First Aid, Lockton Safety Courses, and many more.
In addition, Beaches Habitat offers housing to members only in a shared apartment. Covered expenses include rent, utilities (water, electricity, sewer), basic furniture and cooking supplies, smart TV, and shared washer and dryer.
Learn more at https://www.beacheshabitat.org/americorps
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet host site’s insurance requirements.
- Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel)
- Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity and AmeriCorps
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Public speaking experience
- Experience working with volunteers or teaching/group facilitation experience
- Experience working as a member of a team
- Project management experience
- A second language is highly desirable, with preferred language being Spanish or French
- Knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Creative Suites or other design software
- Experience with photography and/or videography
English, French, Spanish
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check