• Manage onsite experience for all corporate build days, ensuring exceptional end-to-end participant experience. This includes:
o Coordinating corporate volunteer sign-in, name tags and assist with tools and safety gear
o Delivering Habitat educational lunch talk and upcoming opportunities discussion
o Coordinating lunch
o Documenting sponsor experience with photos and video
o Ensuring sponsors are recognized appropriately through onsite signage and social media.
o Creating thank you cards from photos taken during the volunteer experience
o Making thank you calls to corporate volunteers and encouraging them to participate in our volunteer experience survey
• Assist with affiliate build site events
• Assist the communications department in specialty marketing pieces
• Assist Manager of Volunteer Programs with scheduling required hours and generating service letters
• Assist Volunteer Department in fielding phone calls and emails from prospective and active volunteers
• Help schedule volunteer groups
• Assist with volunteer tracking and reporting - including data entry and criminal background checks
• Assist coordinating Collegiate Challenge Week
• Assist planning annual volunteer appreciation event
• Help build Habitat e-news and social media audience through:
o Signing volunteers up for e-news during morning orientation
o Encouraging volunteers to “Like Us” on Facebook and “check-in” from site
o Communicating upcoming Habitat events.
• Under instruction of the Communications Department, develop and deliver content to create interest, and passion through social media channels including:
o Taking photos for Facebook onsite
o Encouraging volunteers to document their experience, using their phones and sharing on their social media
• Assist Communications Department to ensure that all specialty build and volunteer information on Habitat’s web site is up-to-date and fresh
• Assist Communications Department to ensure all site signage is up-to-date and visible
• Contribute to the writing of the print and e-news by identifying outstanding volunteers to interview and write an article for the spotlight and construction update
• Complete the reporting and timesheet requirements of the AmeriCorps program in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner
• Arrive on time and ready to serve and promote the mission, goals and values of the AmeriCorps program.
• Age 18 or older
• A U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
• High School diploma or GED required
• Knolwedge of MS Word and Excel
• Knowledge of and commitment to Habitat for Humanity mission
• Strong writing, editing and communication skills
• Knowledgable about social media tools and their ability to engage and connect people
• Ability to sit in front of a computer for long periods of time
• Able to maneuver on a construction site (over dirt, rock, piles of materials, etc.) to mini-mobile containers for volunteer registration materials
• Ability to work in all safe weather condictions, from severe cold to extreme heat
• Comfortable with public speaking, strong interpersonal skills and outgoing
• Vaild Driver’s License and no serious driving related convictions/at fault accidents, willingness to drive pick-ups and box trucks
AmeriCorps members receive a living allowance, education award upon completion of the service year, health benefits and childcare benefits if eligible.
• Living allowance - up to $12,530 for a full 46.5 weeks of service
• Housing stipend - $300 a month
• Education award - $5,775 upon successful completion of service
To apply, submit a motivational statement along with your resume to: email@example.com with “HFH AmeriCorps – Volunteer Services Coordinator,” in the subject by Friday, December 16, at 5:00 p.m.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East revitalizes neighborhoods, builds affordable and sustainable homes, and empowers families through successful homeownership. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a global home building movement. Habitat welcomes people from all walks of life to partner in serving families in need and creating a better community for everyone who lives here.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance
Many benefits vary by service location. However all Habitat AmeriCorps members will have the opportunity to travel to 2 national events, National Service Leadership Conference and the Habitat AmeriCorps Build-a-Thon. Habitat AmeriCorps members also receive a variety of position specific trainings including CPR/First Aid, Lockton Safety Courses, and many more.
Subject to criminal background check