Building upon the systems created by the previous VISTA member, develop, document and implement plans to increase volunteer, in-kind and cash resources in both Habitat SKC Stores by creating and/or enhancing volunteer programs, marketing plans, business systems and/or donation opportunities.
The goals of this position are many:
1) develop, implement and document a volunteer recruitment, training, and retention program for the Store. Improved methods of volunteer utilization and recognition will enhance our engagement with the community and its investment in the mission of our affiliate;
2) develop, implement, and document sustainable marketing and outreach strategies that ultimately contribute towards an increase in unrestricted revenue from increased numbers of store purchases and donations. An increase in unrestricted revenue will in turn enable the affiliate to serve more families and communities;
3) research and implement best practices for standard Store operating policies and procedures;
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Non-competitive eligibility (federal jobs), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
Many benefits vary by service location. However all Habitat AmeriCorps members will have the opportunity to travel to 2 national events, National Service Leadership Conference and the Habitat AmeriCorps Build-a-Thon. Habitat AmeriCorps members also receive a variety of position specific trainings including CPR/First Aid, Lockton Safety Courses, and many more.
Seattle Habitat offers extra benefits of $200/month towards housing and $54/month towards transportation.
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
• Valid Driver’s License and ability to meet host site’s insurance requirements. (Remove if not applicable.)
• Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook/Word/Excel)
• Retail experience
• Knowledgeable about the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong research skills
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Experience working as a member of a team
• A second language is highly desirable, with preferred languages being Spanish or Arabic.
• Project management experience
• Marketing experience
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check