The VISTA member will help solidify the ReStore’s ongoing success by focusing on the following:
1. Develop, implement, and document sustainable marketing and outreach strategies that ultimately contribute towards an increase in unrestricted revenue from increased numbers of store purchases and donations. An increase in unrestricted revenue will in turn enable the affiliate to serve more families and communities.
2. Research and implement best practices for standard ReStore operating policies and procedures.
3. With the intent to increase profits, improve customer service in our donation intake area, and make the store easier to navigate and more visually appealing the VISTA member will become the bridge between the affiliate and ReStore Collaborative. This entails being the point person on developing effective layouts for the ReStore, including researching layouts and making recommendations for best practices.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Non-competitive eligibility (federal jobs), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Student loan forbearance, Training
Many benefits vary by service location. However all Habitat AmeriCorps members will have the opportunity to travel to 2 national events, National Service Leadership Conference and the Habitat AmeriCorps Build-a-Thon. Habitat AmeriCorps members also receive a variety of position specific trainings including CPR/First Aid, Lockton Safety Courses, and many more.
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
• 18 years of age or older
• U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
• High school diploma or GED equivalent (or agree to work towards one while serving)
• Valid driver's license and ability to meet host site's insurance requirements
• Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel)
• Retail/customer service experience
• Ability to effectively use graphic design tools, Publisher, PowerPoint and related systems
• Knowledgeable about the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong research skills
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Experience working as a member of a team
• A second language is highly desirable, with preferred languages being Spanish
• Project management experience
• Marketing experience (highly preferred with Constant Contact, EventBrite, Craigslist, Facebook, Twitter, and other related media experience)
Subject to criminal background check