The goals of this position are:
1) Develop, implement and document a volunteer recruitment, training, and retention program for the ReStore. Improved methods of volunteer utilization and recognition will enhance our engagement with the community and its investment in the mission of our affiliate;
2) Develop, implement, and document sustainable marketing and outreach strategies that ultimately contribute towards an increase in unrestricted revenue from increased numbers of store purchases and donations. An increase in unrestricted revenue will in turn enable the affiliate to serve more families and communities;
3) Explore feasibility of ReStore involvement in new community and build community awareness and engagement in broader St. Vrain Valley Community
4) Implement and maintain Database
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Housing, Non-competitive eligibility (federal jobs), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
Many benefits vary by service location. However all Habitat AmeriCorps members will have the opportunity to travel to 2 national events, National Service Leadership Conference and the Habitat AmeriCorps Build-a-Thon. Habitat AmeriCorps members also receive a variety of position specific trainings including CPR/First Aid, Lockton Safety Courses, and many more.
Housing is available for St. Vrain Habitat AmeriCorps members at $100/month for first-year Habitat AmeriCorps and free for second-year Habitat AmeriCorps members.
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
• Valid Driver’s License and ability to meet host site’s insurance requirements.
• Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel)Detail oriented and highly organized
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Experience working as a member of a team
• Knowledgeable about the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong research skills
• Retail experience
• A second language, with preferred languages being Spanish.
• Project management experience
• Marketing experience
• Experience in public speaking