San Diego Habitat for Humanity’s mission is to build homes, communities, and hope. The Habitat for Humanity ReStores, located in San Diego, Carlsbad, Escondido and National City, help fund the construction of homes and the operations of San Diego Habitat for Humanity. The ReStore’s success depends on an on-going, continuing flow of donations, volunteers, and customers. The goals of the position will be to develop, document and implement plans to capture customer data, improve our online storefront, and develop and implement an engagement plan.
The VISTA member will help solidify the ReStore’s ongoing success by focusing on the following:
1) Refine and implement in-store operations to capture donor information and customer info to engage corporate sponsors on a higher level
2) Research, develop, and integrate digital sales platform
3) Develop and implement an engagement plan for the ReStores
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Housing, Living allowance, Non-competitive eligibility (federal jobs), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
• AmeriCorps VISTA living allowance of $20,640.75 (paid over the 1 year of full-time service) – determined by geographic area
• Segal Education Award of $5,920 (lifetime maximum of 2) OR end-of-service cash stipend of $1,800 – both are dependent on successful completion of service
• Monthly rent stipend of $500 for first-year members. Second-year Habitat AmeriCorps members will receive a $600 monthly rent stipend. This stipend is subject to the member receiving a W-9 from their landlord.
• Healthcare Allowance – a reimbursement program that covers some out-of-pocket, non-premium costs, up to $7,150, associated with healthcare. Please note: this is not a healthcare insurance plan; if you do not have health care coverage, you have 60 days from your service start date to sign-up for healthcare coverage through the Marketplace.
• Child Care Benefits (if eligible)
• Relocation Travel Allowance up to $1,000 & Settling In Allowance of $550 (if eligible)
• Student Loan Forbearance (if eligible)
• 10 personal and 10 sick leave days
• Approx. 10 holidays (dependent on service location)
• Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE) Status – upon successfully completing service, you will receive one year of NCE for employment in the federal government. Please note: this does not guarantee you a federal job.
• Member Assistance Program (MAP) – offers free services, such as counseling and financial planning resources
GED/High School Diploma
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check