Family Services Development
Family services development VISTA members research and implement plans for homeowner family recruitment, tracking, scheduling and support with the goal of improving the overall experience for participants. As a family services development VISTA, you might design a user-friendly application process or create a comprehensive homeowner education curriculum that supports and prepares families for homeownership. In addition, you may develop a plan to engage the veteran and military community to educate them about Habitat’s mission and the various housing solutions provided. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to build relationships with local non-profit organization, employers, community centers and faith communities to recruit a diverse base of qualified applicants.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Housing, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
Many benefits vary by service location. However all Habitat AmeriCorps members will have the opportunity to travel to the Habitat AmeriCorps Build-a-Thon, an annual blitz build event. Habitat AmeriCorps members also receive a variety of position specific trainings including CPR/First Aid, Lockton Safety Courses, and many more.
Benefits of Service:
• Range of $12,311 - $24,119 annually depending on county (most at low end of range)
• Education award of $6,095 or end-of-service stipend of $1,800
• Possible forbearance of qualified student loans
• Healthcare allowance available to cover out-of-pocket costs or eligibility for enrollment in a health benefit plan
• Personal and sick days — approximately 10 days total
• Workers’ compensation
• Child care benefits, if you qualify
• Member Assistance Program, which offers services such as counseling and financial planning resources
Habitat for Humanity Vail Valley provides free housing for members and a ski pass to Vail and Beaver Creek Resort.
Habitat for Humanity Vail Valley
Explore the Colorado Rocky Mountains and serve with Habitat for Humanity Vail Valley. Family Services Vista - Work with our awesome family services team to build a whole new post purchase family support program. You will get to know all of our staff and Habitat families, as well as connect to a variety of individuals and organizations within the community. Grow your organizational and planning skills, take ideas from creation to implementation and gain valuable communications experience. The Vail Valley is nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains surrounded by world-class skiing, mountain biking, hiking, camping and rafting. There are shows, concerts and festivals throughout the year. A two-hour drive gets you to Denver with all of the offerings of a major city. Please visit our website.
What’s needed to apply?
• Resume (tell us about your experience)
• Motivation Statement (express why you want to serve) – input in “Cover Letter” section
GED/High School Diploma
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
• 18 years of age or older
• U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
• High school diploma or GED equivalent (or agree to work towards one while serving)
• Valid driver’s license and ability to meet host site’s insurance requirements
• Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong research skills
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Experience working as a member of a team
• Project management experience
• Marketing experience
Subject to criminal background check