The Family Services Coordinator position will build and maintain the pipeline of potential homeowners by leading the efforts to recruit qualified partner families for both homeownership and home repair opportunities; educate the families about program requirements and the homeownership process; and monitor and track the completion of sweat equity hours. This member will be the point of contact for partner families and mentors as each family goes through the process.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Housing, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
Many benefits vary by service location. However all Habitat AmeriCorps members will have the opportunity to the Habitat AmeriCorps Build-a-Thon. Habitat AmeriCorps members also receive a variety of position specific trainings including CPR/First Aid, Lockton Safety Courses, and many more.
Our members have the option of low cost housing provided by the Habitat Greenville affiliate.
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
• Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong research skills
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Experience working with volunteers, teaching or group facilitation
• Experience working as a member of a team
• Public speaking experience
• Knowledge of community development practices
• Marketing experience
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check