Construction crew leaders play an integral part in building and repairing more homes, leading to better neighborhoods and communities. As a construction crew leader, you will lead and develop groups of skilled and unskilled volunteers and homeowner families in construction activities all while maintaining a safe, efficient work environment. Using volunteer management techniques, you will manage volunteers and homeowner families as they assist in the building of new homes and/or repairing existing homes or completing weatherization projects. Together, you will perform hands-on construction tasks including, but not limited to, demolition, framing, insulation, drywall, flooring, roofing, finish carpentry and landscaping.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
Habitat AmeriCorps members will have the opportunity to travel to the Habitat AmeriCorps Build-a-Thon, an annual blitz build event. Habitat AmeriCorps members also receive a variety of position specific trainings including CPR/First Aid, Lockton Safety Courses, and many more. Bend-Redmond Habitat for Humanity strives to help subsidize the housing burden by offering members $300/mo towards housing costs for the 2019-2020 service year (prorated the first/last month of service).
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
•Previous experience with a residential homebuilder or as a construction AmeriCorps member.
• Experience with power tools.
• Ability to drive large pick-up trucks (or willingness to learn).
• Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps.
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
• Experience working with volunteers, teaching or group facilitation.
• Experience working as a member of a larger team.
• Knowledge of community development practices.
• Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
Subject to criminal background check