* Applicants will be interviewed and accepted on a rolling basis, so applying before the application due date of Feb 1 is encouraged.
• Assist with hands-on construction tasks including, but not limited to, demolition, site prep, framing, insulation, drywall, flooring, finish carpentry and landscaping. Projects may include new and gut rehab homes.
• Lead small groups of volunteers, ensuring that they are well-employed while on the work sites.
• Use volunteer management techniques to facilitate positive experiences for volunteers and partner families working on site.
• Collaborate with construction staff to identify skilled/enthusiastic volunteers and cultivate their involvement in Habitat’s work (i.e. encourage them to consider being trained as regular site leaders and/or returning volunteers).
• Maintain site safety through modeling of safety practices and guidelines, volunteer education, and site monitoring. Attend safety trainings with our construction staff.
• Provide on-site orientations and safety talks to groups of volunteers and family partners.
• Help with materials management on site and at the affiliate warehouse and storage trailers. Pick up and organize materials needed for projects.
• Set up and cleanup project sites.
• Maintain site logs for each project completed in order for supervisor to assess progress and next steps.
• Participate in regular planning and debriefing meetings as needed.
• On occasion, member may participate in larger community projects such as lot clean ups, community gardens, etc.
• Attend and participate in select affiliate events; responsibilities may include set up, cleanup, and engaging with attendees and informing them about the AmeriCorps program, our affiliate’s mission and NR programming, and how to become a volunteer and/or family partner.
Many benefits vary by service location. However all Habitat AmeriCorps members will have the opportunity to travel to 2 national events, National Service Leadership Conference and the Habitat AmeriCorps Build-a-Thon. Habitat AmeriCorps members also receive a variety of position specific trainings including CPR/First Aid, Lockton Safety Courses, and many more.
Subject to criminal background check