Serve as an AmeriCorps member in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity has been building affordable housing for 35 years. Our AmeriCorps members play an important role in providing leadership on our project sites, engaging volunteers to become champions for our mission, and creating new tools and systems to build capacity.
During a year of service with Asheville Habitat, AmeriCorps members gain insight into a non-profit organization and receive hands-on experience in leadership, team building, public speaking, and community development. In your off hours, hike and bike the mountains of western North Carolina, or paddle the variety of rivers located in the southeastern part of the United States. You can even enjoy a thriving Asheville music scene. Come join the Asheville Habitat family and help us provide affordable housing in the city of Asheville and Buncombe County.
Living allowance, Training
Many benefits vary by service location. However all Habitat AmeriCorps members will have the opportunity to travel to the Habitat AmeriCorps Build-a-Thon, an annual blitz build event. Habitat AmeriCorps members also receive a variety of position specific trainings including CPR/First Aid, Lockton Safety Courses, and many more.
• Living allowance minimum of $13,992 for a full 46½ weeks of service
• Segal Education Award of $6,095 (upon successful completion of service) – lifetime maximum of 2
• Affordable Care Act-compliant health plan.
• Personal and sick days — approximately 10 days total.
• Student Loan Forbearance (if eligible)
• Child Care Benefits (if eligible)
• Approx. 10 holidays (dependent on service location)
• Member Assistance Program (MAP) – offers free services, such as counseling and financial planning resources
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity provides a housing subsidy of $250/month, a clothing allowance of $150 and a hand tool and gear allowance.
Subject to criminal background check