Construction crew leaders play an integral part in building and repairing more homes, leading to better neighborhoods and communities. As a construction crew leader, you will lead and develop groups of skilled and unskilled volunteers and homeowner families in construction activities all while maintaining a safe, efficient work environment. Using volunteer management techniques, you will manage volunteers and homeowner families as they assist in the building of new homes and/or repairing existing homes or completing weatherization projects. Together, you will perform hands-on construction tasks including, but not limited to, demolition, framing, insulation, drywall, flooring, roofing, finish carpentry and landscaping.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance
• Living allowance minimum of $15,570 for a full 46½ weeks of service
• Segal Education Award of $6,095 (upon successful completion of service) – lifetime maximum of 2
• Affordable Care Act-compliant health plan.
• Personal and sick days — approximately 10 days total.
• Student Loan Forbearance (if eligible)
• Child Care Benefits (if eligible)
• Approx. 10 holidays (dependent on service location)
• Member Assistance Program (MAP) – offers free services, such as counseling and financial planning resources
Loveland Habitat for Humanity will provide AmeriCorps members with $300 worth of support in the form of a housing, utility, student loan subsidy or grocery or gas gift cards.
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
• Previous experience with a residential homebuilder or a construction AmeriCorps member
• Experience with power tools
• Ability to drive large pick-up trucks (or willingness to learn)
• Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Experience working with volunteers, teaching or group facilitation
• Experience working as a member of a larger team
• Knowledge of community development practices
• Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
Subject to criminal background check