FoodCorps is a nationwide team of AmeriCorps leaders that connects kids to real food and helps them grow up healthy. We do that by placing motivated leaders in limited-resource communities for a year of public service. Serving under the direction of local partner organizations, our service members focus on three areas of service:
● Hands-on learning: students grow, cook, and taste new foods, which builds their skills and changes food preferences
● Healthy school meals: the cafeteria experience steers students towards the healthiest options and gets them excited to try new healthy foods
● Schoolwide culture of health: as a whole, the school community and environment – from hallways to classrooms to cafeteria to grounds – celebrates healthy food. We measure our success in terms of changes in children, schools, and systems.
Locations in Massachusetts:
* New Bedford
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Relocation allowance (if applicable), Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
FoodCorps offers you a unique and transformative service experience like no other; a supportive community and network that will continue to grow beyond your term of service; and the opportunity to improve the health of children in our country.
• $26,000 living stipend for Service Members (this number is pre-tax)
• $6,095 AmeriCorps Segal Education Award, upon successful completion of your term of service (this number is pre-tax)
• Health insurance*
• Partial childcare reimbursement, if you qualify
• Student loan forbearance, if you qualify
• Training, mentorship, and professional development opportunities
*Participation in the FoodCorps health insurance option is required if you cannot provide proof of existing coverage.
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
Car is not required in some locations. Inquire for further information. We provide comfortable FoodCorps shirts that must be worn during service.
English, Creole, Spanish, Vietnamese
Uniforms provided and required
Subject to criminal background check