Corps members serve up to 32 hours in one of our partner non-profit organizations, Monday-Thursday. Some weeknight evenings and Fridays are spent in personal, vocational, and spiritual development as a community. Corps members live in intentional community with other members and engage regularly in neighborhood activities. This position is with Grace Hill Settlement House.
Grace Hill Settlement House provides opportunities for individuals, families and communities to be stronger, healthier and more self-reliant. This is at the core of Grace Hill’s mission, their goal while working with each of the thousands of families we serve each year. Grace Hill works in partnership with neighbors and stakeholders to identify social and economic challenges in North and South St. Louis, supporting families and communities that are strong and self-sustaining.
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Purpose of Position:
To experience the operations of a non-profit environment through hands-on experience in areas of community engagement, program administration, and case management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Community outreach to neighbors regarding programs and services
2. Attend North Corridor Collaborative meetings, Water Tower Partners meetings,
3. Assist with note-taking in meetings
4. Assist with community relations events (Whitaker Concert Series, 100 Neediest Cases, Weatherization, etc.)
5. Assist with front desk duties
6. Assist in administering various community programs (commodity boxes, Legal Assistance, bus passes, 100 Neediest Cases)
7. Assist in developing resource network for community members
8. Enter program data into ETO and track outcomes
9. Assist with communication with volunteering partners and directing volunteer duties
10. Perform other duties as assigned
Health coverage, Housing, Relocation allowance (if applicable), Stipend, Training
If corps members are over 26 or unable to stay on their parents' health insurance, we provide coverage. Once corps members complete their year of service with Deaconess Anne House, they also receive a minimum $800 relocation bonus.
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
1. Ability to demonstrate flexibility and efficient time management skills and ability to prioritize workload.
2. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
3. Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operations of standard office equipment.
4. Excellent organizational skills, with ability to multi-task and manage sometimes complex and confidential matters under minimal supervision.
5. Commitment to maintain the confidentiality of correspondence, documents, discussions, meetings, and telephone calls.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Strong interpersonal skills and cultural competency in working with a variety of individuals.
8. Comfortable with phone communications.
9. Good judgement and problem solving skills.
10. Excellent attention to detail.
11. Ability to maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
12. Ability to adapt to transitions and create innovative solutions.
13. Professional humor in working with challenging individuals and environment.
14. Cultural sensitiveness to clients with low-socioeconomic status.
Subject to criminal background check
21 - 29