Help to alleviate poverty for low-income individuals in North Carolina. The Service Year NC Program is an umbrella project that welcomes host sites tackling a wide array of poverty related issues in North Carolina. We place members in organizations and foundations to fight poverty across the state by increasing education and job-training opportunities, creating healthier communities, and ensuring students enter school ready to learn.
The AmeriCorps VISTA will serve with the Project Director of Lazarus Recovery Services and the program director to develop and build capacity for recovery/treatment referrals and resources, as well as working to increase coalition capacity. The VISTA will reach out and visit agencies and organizations to bring awareness and services to the Peer Support Program, and will work within the community to establish relationships and strengthen resources for the coalition and community members.
• Representation at Coalition meetings and serve on appropriate coalition work groups
• Meet with and engage Sector Leaders throughout the community
• Provide information and outreach to other members in the community
• Assist in Coalition efforts to develop communication tools
• Identify and recruit others to participate in Coalition planning and implementation efforts
• Develop capacity for community resources to link recovery/treatment individuals to life
needs and support.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Non-competitive eligibility (federal jobs), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
Less than High School Completed
Subject to criminal background check