- Communicate with parents to understand their employment interests and goals, and their own assessment of their job readiness and occupational skills.
- Identify employment opportunities related to the interests and capabilities of program participants.
- Assist the WDS in the delivery of workforce development workshops based on the needs of program participants.
- Assist Parent Support Specialist in planning and preparing for elementary and middle school parenting classes, family strengthening, and family reunification classes.
- Provide individual client support as needed to parents; i.e. English tutoring, résumé revision and computer skills training.
- Assist in the search for internships for ELP II students.
- Serve with the WDS in the implementation of evaluation instruments to assess programmatic outcomes and collect data from individuals served.
Serve one-on-one with ELP II high school seniors (ELP I graduates) to coach them through the college and scholarship application process on a weekly basis, during the whole academic year.
Maintain and report accurate participant data (attendance, progress, completion), and keep track of program’s expenses for meals and supplies.
Support the efforts of other ELP facilitators and the overall functioning of ELP programs
Organize with the ELP team youth events, such as community service, field trips, college visits, and graduation ceremonies.
Help with the collection of stories, examples, and scenarios that illustrate the success of our service.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Housing, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
- Living allowance per year: $13,992
- Local travel reimbursement for service-related activities.
- Health insurance.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award which can be used towards student loans and/or to help finance higher education pursuits upon successful completion of service.
- Student loan forbearance or deferment.
- Gain skills and valuable experience to prepare you for a career after-service.
- A great service environment.
- Make an impact in under-served communities!
Potential for reduced price housing in Arlington, VA, if applicable.
Subject to criminal background check