Applications are now being accepted for the 2020-2021 Moving Forward! AmeriCorps program year at Edu-Futuro to deliver comprehensive services of citizenship support, financial literacy education, and youth leadership development in Northern Virginia.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Housing, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
- Local travel reimbursement for service-related activities
- Health insurance
- Reduced price housing (if eligible)
- $25 monthly cellphone stipend
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award which can be used towards student loans and/or to help finance higher education pursuits upon successful completion of service
- Student loan forbearance or deferment
- Gain skills and valuable experience to prepare you for a career after-service
- Intensive training at the beginning of the service year as well as training, mentoring and support throughout the year
- Make an impact in under-served communities!
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
Available full-time (1875 hours; approx. 36-40 hours/week) until August 31, 2021.
Some evening and weekend availability required.
U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
Bachelor’s degree/students of undergraduate school.
Excellent English & interpersonal skills.
Foreign language proficiency a plus.
Access to a car required. Service activities are conducted throughout Arlington, City of Alexandria, and Fairfax counties.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 18