Nutrition Educators/Community Outreach Coordinators will help teachers and school food service directors by developing and implementing nutrition programs that will educate children about the benefits of making healthy eating choices. Members will assist with creating and implementing healthy food curricula including school or community garden development, cooking in the classroom programs or field trips to farms, and work with schools to help implement wellness programs. Members will share information with other Members to create a statewide network; and provide data and information to be used in a best practices guide that can be used by other schools. They will also serve as the main liaison between the schools and the community. They will educate food service directors about sourcing local, healthy foods for the school districts they serve and will create an action plan laying out the steps necessary to procure local food into their programs. They will also be responsible for recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to enhance and increase the capacity of the AC F2S program. This will include organizing a F2S Task Force within the school or community, recruiting farmers to present in the schools, organizing farm tours, and organizing snack preparation or food tastings. With the assistance of the site supervisors, they will create a database of volunteers for sustained program efforts.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance
- All members positions - attendance at a professional conference, ongoing professional development opportunities and training, student loan deferment
- 900 hourmembers - total living allowance = $7,000; education award (upon successful completion) = $2,960
- 675 hour members - total living allowance = $5,250; education award (upon successful completion) = $2,2555.34
- 450 hour members - total living allowance = $3,500; education award (upon successful completion) = $1,566.14
- 300 hour members - total living allowance = $2,350; education award (upon successful completion) = $1,252.91
Subject to criminal background check