Interested in healthcare but not sure where to start? Join the Colorado Healthcare Corps, an AmeriCorps State & National program designed by the Community Resource Center (CRC) to support healthcare workers entering or reentering the field. In this national service position, you will get paid to care in-person for patients at healthcare facilities including community health clinics, residential care facilities, and hospitals. Gain a year of hands-on experience in healthcare, while receiving leadership training, professional development, career coaching, and a robust benefits package.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for people, healing, and the medical field to address the historic shortage of skilled workers our health industry is facing. Certified Nursing Aides (CNA), Medical Assistants (MA), and Qualified Medication Administration Personnel (QMAP) are particularly in demand.
AmeriCorps was made for times like these! Members will serve in-person at non-profit healthcare facilities, including community health clinics, hospitals, and residential care facilities. Already certified as a CNA, MA or QMAP? There are many open positions! For those not yet certified, this is an opportunity to get paid to try out your future career while caring for your community.
Ideal candidates will be adaptable to their host site's needs while staying engaged with AmeriCorps programming, professional development, and career coaching opportunities. Be a part of a national service movement in the healthcare field and help care for Colorado communities.
AmeriCorps Members will serve 1700 hour service terms (46 weeks). AmeriCorps Members can expect to serve 40 hours a week and must be available for service hours as assigned by their host site.
Community Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
Candidates must be Colorado residents by the start of service. This is an in-person AmeriCorps member position that serves full time, 40 hours a week. Your assigned shifts will be based on host site staffing needs. In addition, these are the standard eligibility requirements for serving as an AmeriCorps member in this program:
- Ability to serve full time (40 hours a week) to complete a 1700-hour service term in 47 weeks
- If prior National Service experience, must not have been terminated for cause
- 18 years of age prior to start date
- Ability to pass a National Service criminal history background check
- Hold one of the following citizenship statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident Aliens
Questions? Please feel free to reach out to Casey Shivers at email@example.com.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Stipend, Training
● A living allowance up to $30,200 distributed across 11 months;
● A monthly housing stipend (up to an additional $10k depending on service location and duration);
● Healthcare and access to mental health support;
● A monthly childcare stipend; and
● An education award at the end of service up to $6,345 to repay student loans or for future education expenses (if age 55+, the education award can be transferred to a child/grandchild/foster child)
● One year of hands-on experience and career coaching.
Less than High School Completed
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
-Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA): CNAs work directly with patients and nurses, helping with the many physical and complex tasks for patient care.
-Qualified Medication Administration Personnel (QMAP): QMAPs are individuals who administer medications in live-in care facilities such as assisted living, day programs, and group homes.
-Medical Assistant (MA): Medical Assistants are medical professionals who are responsible for assisting physicians in medical offices and clinics.
Subject to criminal background check