This position is a partnership between Confluence Environmental Center, AmeriCorps Program, and Verde. Verde is a growing organization and strong communications internally and externally are necessary to achieve our mission. The Communications Coordinator position provides support for internal and external communications needs of program staff and the Executive Director. The Coordinator is responsible for anticipating communications needs, ensuring timely delivery of communications and developing a strong understanding of all aspects of Verde to be able to respond in a timely and knowledgeable fashion. The Coordinator assists program staff and the Executive Director in developing internal and external communications and carrying out those communications as applicable.
The ideal candidate will perform in a fast-paced environment that consistently pursues new mission-driven opportunities as well as thrive in a dynamic, multi-cultural, multi-lingual environment and be motivated by Verde’s mission. The Confluence Member will serve by creating E Newsletter content (20%), website updates (20%), social media updates (10%), fundraising (10%), managing photo and contact systems (10%), and create a communications annual plan (10%). The Member will participate in Confluence-led professional development activities: Professional Development Series, completing a Change Agent Project, team meetings, National Service events, and other self-directed development opportunities (20%).
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
• $100 Training Fund
• Verde can provide funds for additional job-related professional development opportunities
• May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
• Proficient in English and another language, preferably Spanish, Somali, or Vietnamese
• Passion for social justice and the environment
• Create innovative and valuable marketing content
• Website platforms and management experience
• Social media experience
• Word processing, database management and desktop publishing programs skills
• Design and execution of communications activities experience
English, Spanish, Vietnamese
Subject to criminal background check