This position is a partnership between Confluence Environmental Center, AmeriCorps Program, and Verde. Verde is a growing organization and strong communications internally and externally are necessary to achieve our mission. The Communications Coordinator position provides support for internal and external communications needs of program staff and the Executive Director. The Coordinator is responsible for anticipating communications needs, ensuring timely delivery of communications and developing a strong understanding of all aspects of Verde to be able to respond in a timely and knowledgeable fashion. The Coordinator assists program staff and the Executive Director in developing internal and external communications and carrying out those communications as applicable.
The ideal candidate will perform in a fast-paced environment that consistently pursues new mission-driven opportunities as well as thrive in a dynamic, multi-cultural, multi-lingual environment and be motivated by Verde’s mission. The Confluence Member will serve by creating E Newsletter content (20%), website updates (20%), social media updates (10%), fundraising (10%), managing photo and contact systems (10%), and create a communications annual plan (10%). The Member will participate in Confluence-led professional development activities: Professional Development Series, completing a Change Agent Project, team meetings, National Service events, and other self-directed development opportunities (20%).
• Maintain and update Verde website (including Verde Builds)
• Coordinate and send out social media
• Create and send out monthly Verde e-mail newsletter
• Maintain and update contact management system, including Powerbase maintenance, training staff on Powerbase, donor data entry management
• Maintain photo database and respond to photo requests as needed
• Develop and manage communications plan to be updated annually
• Coordinate, develop and maintain regular internal communications to staff and board
• Participate in budget process as member of the Administrative team
• Fundraising-focused social media marketing
• Appeal letter writing, photos, layout/formatting
• Complete and submit all necessary Confluence/AmeriCorps paperwork and reports in a timely manner
• Comply with Confluence and AmeriCorps program policies
• Attend and complete all Confluence/AmeriCorps training and service requirements including orientation, trainings, team meetings and national service days
• Wear Confluence uniform and/or appropriate identifiers and required safety gear while performing service or attending official events
Community Need Addressed
Advancing Environmental Justice
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
• $100 Training Fund
• Verde can provide funds for additional job-related professional development opportunities
• May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
Skills you will gain
Develop increased understanding and sensitivity around issues of equity and environmental justice.
Competencies You Will Develop
Demonstrate sensitivity and empathy, Lead group discussion, Listen to and consider others' viewpoints, Maintain open lines of communication with others, Speak clearly, in precise language and in a logical, organized and coherent manner, Turn taking, Write cleary and effectively
Creativity & Problem Solving
Able to identify and define the problem, Capable of generating possible solutions, Communicate the problem to appropriate personnel, Improvise, Provide relevant expertise, Select and implement well-considered solution
Derive consensus, Develop constructive working relationships and maintain them over time, Establish a high degree of trust and credibility with others, Interact professionally and respectfully with supervisors and co-workers, Stay positive and outcome oriented, Use appropriate strategies and solutions for dealing with conflicts and differences to maintain a smooth workflow
Accepts responsibility, Anticipate the consequences of decisions, Identify and prioritize the key issues involved to facilitate the decision making process, Involve people appropriately in decisions that may impact them, Quickly respond with a back-up plan if a decision goes amiss
Carefully consider which tools or technological solutions are appropriate for a given job, Consistently choose the best tool or technological solution for the problem at hand, Operate tools and equipment in accordance with established operating procedures, safety standards, and ethical guidelines, Seek opportunities to improve knowledge of tools and technologies that may assist in streamlining work and improving productivity
Able to prioritize various competing tasks, Create environment of contribution, Create plan of action, schedule tasks so that work is completed on time, Demonstrate the effective allocation of time and resources efficiently, Drive decision making, Effectively delegate tasks, Facilitate group planning, Set goals
Be pleasant, courteous, professional and respectful when dealing with internal and external customers or clients, Evaluate customer or client satisfaction, Honor the privilege of being able to work with and for those being served, Provide personalized, prompt, and efficient service to meet the requirements, requests and needs of customers, Recognize the importance of maintaining privacy and confidentiality of those being served, Understand and anticipate the needs of others, Understand the importance of one's role in the functioning of the organization, Understand the significance of maintaining a healthful and safe environment