The member will be responsible for the promotion of community gardens in low-income communities and engage closely with the gardening families and volunteers to provide the necessary resources and knowledge to raise healthy food and create a healthier community.
1. In collaboration with staff, volunteers and gardeners, maintain the community gardens, including fall clean up and spring opening.
2. Recruit gardeners and assign garden plots
3. Assess food security of gardeners
4. Work regularly with gardeners to answer questions and help them as needed
5. Solicit donations for garden supplies
6. Help with classes and educational events as needed
7. Identify tasks that requires volunteer support
8. Recruit and train volunteers
9. Supervise volunteers and provide support at all volunteer events
10. Keep updated records on volunteers and their activities.
11. Evaluate and recognize volunteers' activities.
12. Promote Community Crops to local groups and individuals through presentations, booths and marketing information, to develop new community partnerships that will support the Community Garden Program.
13. Help with Crops events
Families will have additional food to eat, and be more food secure.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Training
Demonstrate sensitivity and empathy, Lead group discussion, Listen to and consider others' viewpoints, Maintain open lines of communication with others, Speak clearly, in precise language and in a logical, organized and coherent manner, Turn taking, Write cleary and effectively
Creativity & Problem Solving
Able to identify and define the problem, Capable of generating possible solutions, Communicate the problem to appropriate personnel, Improvise, Provide relevant expertise, Select and implement well-considered solution
Derive consensus, Develop constructive working relationships and maintain them over time, Establish a high degree of trust and credibility with others, Interact professionally and respectfully with supervisors and co-workers, Stay positive and outcome oriented, Use appropriate strategies and solutions for dealing with conflicts and differences to maintain a smooth workflow
Accepts responsibility, Anticipate the consequences of decisions, Identify and prioritize the key issues involved to facilitate the decision making process, Involve people appropriately in decisions that may impact them, Quickly respond with a back-up plan if a decision goes amiss
Carefully consider which tools or technological solutions are appropriate for a given job, Consistently choose the best tool or technological solution for the problem at hand, Operate tools and equipment in accordance with established operating procedures, safety standards, and ethical guidelines, Seek opportunities to improve knowledge of tools and technologies that may assist in streamlining work and improving productivity
Able to prioritize various competing tasks, Create environment of contribution, Create plan of action, schedule tasks so that work is completed on time, Demonstrate the effective allocation of time and resources efficiently, Drive decision making, Effectively delegate tasks, Facilitate group planning, Set goals
Be pleasant, courteous, professional and respectful when dealing with internal and external customers or clients, Evaluate customer or client satisfaction, Honor the privilege of being able to work with and for those being served, Provide personalized, prompt, and efficient service to meet the requirements, requests and needs of customers, Recognize the importance of maintaining privacy and confidentiality of those being served, Understand and anticipate the needs of others, Understand the importance of one's role in the functioning of the organization, Understand the significance of maintaining a healthful and safe environment