* THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FOR PEOPLE AGES 17 - 26 *
At Changeist, you will work on a team to learn to design, implement and improve spaces for youth to learn and practice changemaking skills. Your role will be to recruit diverse youth and volunteers and help them find agency in some of the most challenging issues that we face today. You will do this by creating thoughtful, culturally responsive workshops and experiences to enhance learning. At the end of the program year, the youth you lead will feel more equipped and empowered to take on issues most important to them.
This is a fast-paced environment, great for problem solvers and creative types who are excited to bring their ideas into youth programming.
Your role will include:
- Recruiting middle school, high school and college-aged youth with high energy classroom presentations.
- Nurturing and cultivating relationships with schools and community-based partners to help youth access social justice practitioners and leaders.
- Designing curriculum and learning experiences (field trips) for youth to build community and learn about complex social justice issues.
- Coaching a small learning community of youth in civic reflection, enhancing their learning and experience.
- Creating new programs that take place outside of Saturdays for alumni to further develop their leadership skills or learn about a new career pathway.
- Analyzing data to improve the quality of programming week to week.
- Leading special projects that will build on the current work of the organization.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Student loan forbearance
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Uniforms provided and required
Subject to criminal background check
17 - 26