The Connect2Complete Equitable Pathways Specialist will serve engage students in academic and social interventions through the roles of mentor and project coordinator to increase student engagement and on-time progress towards a degree. Assist in promoting activities and practices at the college that help students choose an academic pathway, find the support to stay on that path, and efficiently move towards a degree or credential. Create at least 2 service opportunities for students and volunteers
• Assist in promoting activities and practices at the college that help students choose an academic pathway, find the support to stay on that path, and efficiently move towards a degree or credential
• Create at least 2 service opportunities for students and volunteers
• Point students to resources for barriers that prevent them from engaging with school
• Administer program assessment
• Promote program impacts to internal and external stakeholders
• Participate in Campus Compact Connect2Complete trainings, including orientation, monthly webinars, in-service trainings, graduation, regional cohort meetings and others a
• Engage in personal reflection
Community Need Addressed
Low persistence and graduation rates of community college students, especially in rural communities.
Increased academic engagement; increased credit attainment; increased graduations rates.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
Individuals sites offer site specific benefits which should be discussed during site interview.
Skills you will gain
Racial equity; community partnership; college advising and navigation; project planning
Competencies You Will Develop
Demonstrate sensitivity and empathy, Lead group discussion, Listen to and consider others' viewpoints, Maintain open lines of communication with others
Creativity & Problem Solving
Capable of generating possible solutions, Communicate the problem to appropriate personnel, Improvise
Develop constructive working relationships and maintain them over time, Establish a high degree of trust and credibility with others, Interact professionally and respectfully with supervisors and co-workers, Use appropriate strategies and solutions for dealing with conflicts and differences to maintain a smooth workflow
Anticipate the consequences of decisions, Identify and prioritize the key issues involved to facilitate the decision making process, Involve people appropriately in decisions that may impact them
Able to prioritize various competing tasks, Create plan of action, schedule tasks so that work is completed on time, Demonstrate the effective allocation of time and resources efficiently, Facilitate group planning
Recognize the importance of maintaining privacy and confidentiality of those being served, Understand and anticipate the needs of others, Understand the importance of one's role in the functioning of the organization